Some women feel at their best and some feel at their worst when they are pregnant, but I believe we should all get maternity pictures during this important time of life. Here are a few of my reasons to get in front of the camera while pregnant:
1. Time goes by so fast. Right now, you may be getting up to pee every half hour at night and feeling aches and pains in muscles you didn’t know you had. The days tend to feel longer when you aren’t feeling well. But, I promise you, your pregnancy will be over in a blink of an eye. This is the only time in your life that you will carry that little one inside of you. Time goes fast and memories fade, but photographs will help you remember this special time. You will want these maternity pictures to look back on!
2. Celebrate it. Whether this pregnancy took you many years of trying or even if it was very quick, either way this pregnancy deserves to be celebrated. YOU deserve to be celebrated! You are growing and carrying your special little baby!
3. Do it for your children. Your kids will love to have these photos to look back on to see what Mommy looked like before they were born. Even if you aren’t feeling your best, they see their amazing, beautiful Mom with a baby in her belly. My three girls love looking at the maternity pictures of me when I was pregnant with each of them and hearing the stories about when they were growing in my belly.
4. Freeze time. Once this baby is born, your family dynamic will never be the same. I was worried about how things would change with each new baby; a new family member definitely changes things, but in the most amazing way. I think it’s important to document your family as it is now. If this is your first, then document you and your partner entering into this new adventure of parenthood together. If you already have children, then document this time before the little ones become big brothers and sisters.
5. It’s fun! I will get a few posed pictures with you looking at the camera, but the photos that I love the most are those of you and your family having fun together. I love capturing a families connection.
See more Maternity Sessions on the blog
March 19, 2020